facebook logo yelp logo google plus logo

Is Hormone Replacement Therapy the Key to Your Menopause Relief?

Hormone replacement therapy balances your estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone levels. Since your hormone production slows during menopause, hormone replacement therapy often helps reverse the effects. Hormone replacement therapy relieves symptoms Read More...
Posted in Hormone Therapy, Hormones, Menopause, MonaLisa Touch Chico, Uncategorized Tagged with: , , , , , ,

The Different Hormones Your Body Produces

Your ovaries are a complex system. They create three different hormones that help your body: estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. When one or multiple of these hormones are out of balance, your body won’t feel up to speed. There are many reasons Read More...
Posted in Hormone Therapy, Hormones, Uncategorized

Could Your Abdominal Pain Be Due to Fibroids?

About 80% of women who have fibroids experience no symptoms. The other 20% may experience pain or other discomforts due to the size of the fibroids. These include heavy bleeding during your period or between periods, and prolonged periods. Another concerning Read More...
Posted in Cancer, Diseases and Conditions, Fibroids, Pain/Chronic Pain, Procedures, Symptoms Tagged with: , , , , ,

Depression in Women Over 40

An often-overlooked factor of aging is increased anxiety and depression. As we age, significant life changes can cause uneasiness, stress, and sadness. Death of loved ones, retirement, becoming empty nesters, or serious injury can add immense stress Read More...
Posted in Anxiety, Depression, Diagnosis, Diseases and Conditions, Symptoms Tagged with: , , ,

Don’t Hesitate to Schedule Your Regular Health Exams

When you come in for regular exams, we are looking for anything abnormal based on your personal history. If we don’t find anything, you get to walk out of our office as happy and healthy as when you walked in. If there is a health concern, though, we Read More...
Posted in Cancer, Cervical Cancer/Pap Smear, Diagnosis, Diseases and Conditions, Examinations

Common Health Issues in Women Over 55 

Women are unique. We care deeply about others and tend to put the needs of our family and children before our own. We may notice illness or disease in our lives but put it on the back-burner so that we can better care for our families. While this is emotionally Read More...
Posted in Bladder, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer/Pap Smear, Diseases and Conditions, Overall Women's Health, Pelvic Floor Muscles, Symptoms, Treatments

Menopause Before 40 – You Are Not Alone

While the average age for “natural” menopause in the US is 51, women can often experience onset earlier or later. Women experience early menopause for a variety of reasons such as genetics, illness, hormonal imbalance, or medical procedures. Read More...
Posted in Menopause, Periods/Menstruation Tagged with: , ,

How Thyroid Complications Can Be Mistaken For Anxiety

Your thyroid is an endocrine gland located at the front of your neck, and it plays a huge role in regulating your hormones. Your thyroid is essentially the commanding force behind your ovaries and your adrenal glands. When it isn’t working correctly, Read More...
Posted in Anxiety, Diagnosis, Thyroid Tagged with: ,

Tips to Reduce Your Stress and Anxiety 

We all know that stress and anxiety take a toll on the human body. With the constant struggles in our daily lives, 70 percent of adults in the US say they feel stress or anxiety daily. But what is stress? The American Institute of Stress claims that Read More...
Posted in Anxiety, Insomnia, Symptoms, Uncategorized Tagged with: , , , , , , ,

Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: There’s Something You Can Do About It

Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) is an undertreated condition characterized by low libido that causes distress and difficulty in interpersonal relationships. With a new FDA-approved treatment method, we feel confident in treating this condition Read More...
Posted in Hormones, Medications and Prescriptions, Painful Intercourse, Treatments, Uncategorized Tagged with: , , , , ,

Subscribe to Our Blog!

Categories

Archives